Friday, May 10, 2013

Highway 101

Taking the scenic route has proved to be well worth it. I highly recommend taking Highway 101 whenever and wherever possible. The sights along the way just get better and better. I finally got to my most anticipated part of the drive - Santa Cruz to Los Angles.

I stopped briefly in Big Sur for a wake up coffee and bite from my favorite bakery and enjoyed them looking over Bixby Bridge. Several sea stacks and sea lions later I pulled over to take a tour of Hearst Castle. The 119 room abode had some beautiful artwork from southern Italy and Spain but I enjoyed the exterior and walking the grounds and gardens the most. Lastly, I made a pit stop in Solvang to check out what the heck that place is all about. Answer: all things Danish. It's like the real life version of Epcot. Can't wait to plan a Danish beer and California wine tasting weekend here. Cheers!










No comments:

Post a Comment